Monday, April 1, 2013

This Is The End.

"Love is a luxury, she said.
I'd rather be in love than dead."

-The Maine.

Ah, April. My second favorite month of the year. Starting with today being not only April Fools Day, but also my mom's birthday. Happy Birthday to my Lady, my best friend in the whole wide world and my hero. I love you so so so much.

Anyways, the first day of this joyous month was beautiful in every way. Despite Monday morning 8ams, I felt refreshed waking up to sunshine and being able to slip on my new Gap 3/4 sleeve tee with a pair of Levi faded flares and an infinity scarf given to me by my best friend. I ended up changing for my interview into a black-and-white rose A-line dress with nude flats and topped off with a red cardigan I stole from my grandma's closet. (Yeah, my grandma still has great taste. I mean, she loves Adele and Fun. for all that matters.)

The next three and a half weeks are going to be rough, I'm not going to lie. I have a lot on my plate and I'm not sure I can finish it all on time. I'll try my best, but it will be as rough as pulling teeth by my standards. All I know is that April is the beginning to a lot of amazing things. I make my new class schedule for my *sophomore* year of college. I arrange my apartment ideas with Stef and Katy. I finish my first year of university. Summer begins. 

My RA mama told me a couple weeks ago that college is all about goodbyes and change. Sometimes, you're not ready for leaving behind what you found to be great, but that's life; it doesn't stop moving for anyone or anything. I need to cherish the journey for the next 26 days in order to soak up all of this school year has to offer. April, thanks for the refreshing start. Time to live and love as much as possible from here on out.

Oh and...29 days until I enter my last teenage year. WHAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment