Monday, April 15, 2013

Boston.

"Oh dear, you look so lost.
Your eyes are red.
The tears are shed.
The world you must've crossed."


-Augustana.

Ever have one of those moments where the world stops spinning? Where for a moment, you can't remember anything, not even how to breathe properly? Where you can literally feel every bone in your body freezing in time? Where you need to cry but you're in so much shock you can seem to get the tears from your eyes?

Believe me, it's no fun whatsoever.

As I try to type this post to you, my mind is filled with the emptiness that consumes me at the moment. I apologize if I sound crazy today, but I'm beyond dumbfounded. 

I literally don't even know what to say. I'm having trouble completing sentences and thoughts. I just...this is beyond the terms of horrible.

All I know is that I am praying for the people of Boston. I am praying for the contestants of the marathon. I am praying for the innocent crowds lining the streets. I am praying for the policemen and medical staff and the public helpers that are in the process of saving lives right now. I am praying for the amazing people who are going willingly into hospitals at the moment to donate blood for those who are in dire need. I am praying for an answer to why something so devastating could happen during such an innocent event.

Pray for Boston. Put your thoughts toward them. Show them support. Give them love. Donate whatever you can to help. 

I'm going to need a lot of time to take this whole thing in. It's weird because I don't really have any connection to Boston. But the one I do is at the top of my list.

We are all Americans and we are united under one flag in one country. 

I love this country. I love the freedom. I love our rights. I love the people I am united with under allegiance to this place and everything it is.

PRAY FOR BOSTON.

Please.


No comments:

Post a Comment