Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Cosmic Love.

"No dawn, no day.
I'm always in this twilight.
In the shadow of your heart."

-Florence + The Machine.

House Church is so cleansing for the soul. I literally have no idea what I'm going to do without my Wednesday night therapy session all summer. 

Because Easter was this past Sunday, we mostly went over what the sermons were about and highlights for the holiday break. But my friend, Stef, focused in on a point that struck such a chord with me. She remembered from Sunday service something the pastor noted about our community:

"We are all broken pieces that can come together to create a beautiful mosaic." 

One of the coolest ways to look at society is this quote right here. We all know we're imperfect and flaws. And the majority of us just accept it as a part of life and move on. But the real importance lies with the fact that we still create a community that flows as one body rather than separate individuals just wandering the Earth lost. I have accepted my fate as a "broken piece" because I have grown up thinking perfection was a made-up concept and not real. The fact that I, as a broken piece, can still hold on to relationships despite who I am is such an incredible feat. And we continue to do this day after day. Sure, there are conflicts all around the world, but we still make it through one way or another.

Sorry if my inspiration rant is boring or not what you planned on ever hearing. I just feel as if talking it through with a group of girls and then spreading it along can create some kind of a revelation. We all need a bit of inspiration every once in a while, whether it's in life or fashion or school or friendships. Inspiration keeps us alive and well. Just remember: despite being broken, we can still be beautiful.

And you are BEAUTIFUL.


No comments:

Post a Comment