Monday, April 22, 2013

Two Black Cadillacs.

"They took turns laying a rose down.
Threw a handful of dirt into the deep ground.
He's not the only one who had a secret to hide."

-Carrie Underwood.

The time just moves along, doesn't it? As my last Monday of freshman year comes to an end, I've been planning the summer ahead. And boy, am I going to be busy in the best ways! Every summer, I attempt to stick to a bucket list full of impossible tasks. But this year, I plan to make at least 3/4 of the list happen. Yes, I'll put more realistic goals in mind (no learning multiple foreign languages, shall we) but it's still going to take work and effort.

One of my most exciting tasks is to bake every week or cook something new in order to learn for my new apartment next year. Thanks to my good friend, Pinterest, I've been hunting recipe after recipe and here are some of my first choices to start the warm months off right:

Pasta pie, anyone? I love bringing out the Italian in me (okay, confession: I'm -10% Italian. So...) and this dish is the perfect way to get some good pasta passed around.

Typically, I'm not a sorbet girl. But anytime watermelon is in the mix, I'm all there. This dessert will be such a refresher on the hot summer nights by the pool.

Mocktails are the best. This summer pineapple concoction looks easy to make and to die for.

Raspberry lemonade is my kryptonite during summer. This lemon cupcake with raspberry frosting may just have to do the trick for my sweet tooth.

Who doesn't love mozzarella sticks? These homemade cheese sticks looked so good and are a healthy take on the traditionally fried food by being baked.

Tri-tip is a staple food on the Central Coast. It's my turn to grill up some juicy meat this summer. Along with some delicious and sweet corn on the cob. Best meal right there.

Frozen grapes? Yes. Sour patch? Yes. Put them together? AMAZING.

I'm a sucker for breakfast foods. These cinnamon roll pancakes sounds so delish; who knows, maybe they'll taste just like Sugar and Spice ones from Pancake Pantry.

One of my close friends, Candace, makes this ice cream sandwich cake about once a week during summer. And it's making my mouth water thinking about it. Ah, I love me some Duggar cake.







No comments:

Post a Comment