Sunday, March 31, 2013

My Stupid Mouth.

"I'm never speaking up again.
It only hurts me.
I'd rather be a mystery
than she desert me."

-John Mayer.

Happy Easter to those of you who celebrate the resurrection of Jesus or enjoy the egg hunting festivities of the day. Either way, holidays are definitely some of the greatest days for the record books. 



In lieu of being with my family to celebrate together, I got to spend it with my newfound family: Emilie, Stefani and Kelly. In order to keep festive, I sported a black short sleeve babydoll dress with yellow florals all over along with my black lace-up gladiator sandals. Hey, although black is still in the equation, I tried to be as spring as I could by adding a floral mix to all this. We then headed to church in which the worship was refreshingly amazing for our souls and the message resonated just the same. Despite the rain, we drove through the backroads of Nashville and ended up filling our tummies with the delicious food of Loveless Cafe. 



Loveless Cafe, for those of you who have never heard of the place, is the absolute best at homemade southern cooking. With country music playing on the speakers and fresh biscuits flowing out of the oven to be devoured by hungry customers, the place feels like home somehow. It made me want to go to the lake and walk down dirt paths all afternoon. Best feeling ever.

Although break is coming quickly to a close, I feel beyond rejuvenated for the next three weeks ahead. I do have a lot on my plate in the very near future, but this break was the kickoff to the downhill portion of the school year. I'm starting to see the light of summer at the end of the tunnel, and let me tell you, it's brighter than ever.

Side notes:

Sending all my best thoughts over to Kevin Ware and the Louisville team. That injury was one of the worst I have ever seen and I can not imagine seeing someone I care about going through that. The players on Louisville are truly brothers and that love shined through with the victory today. Good game, boys.

With Easter being today, it means Lent is over. And yes, I have already watched one episode of Gossip Girl. With tears of joy in my eyes. And applause for every line Chuck Bass said. And pure eagerness of the drama unfolding. It's so good to be back. Xoxo...


No comments:

Post a Comment