Sunday, March 24, 2013

Set A Fire.

"Set a fire down in my soul
that I can't contain
and I can't control."

-United Pursuit Band.

As I spent the day yesterday wandering through every store in the mall looking for prom dresses, it occurred to me: I never had to do this for my prom. Really though, I had my prom dress waiting for me since freshman year of high school. Did I know that dress was going to be what I wore from the start? Gosh, no. But in the end, I'm so happy I picked that one because it looked pretty and no one else at the dance had it. Prom is like a teaser for what it's going to be like on your wedding day. No, your date will not be like your husband (or so I assume), but you feel like a princess and I know that prom was the most beautiful I have ever felt about myself. It's a magical evening filled with the best memories. I swear, my prom was absolutely perfect, even with the tiny imperfections along the way. But I know how stressful it can be for some people to get everything arranged for prom. So inspired by a girls' trip to a giant shopping center yesterday, I'm going to show you some of my favorite choices for prom dresses this year. Maybe this guide can help a few of you in your hunt for the perfect dress.


BCBGMaxAzria Maxine Evening Gown in Royal Blue
-I'm not a huge fan of cutouts on prom dresses. But I feel as if this season, it is one of the hottest trends. (So is high-low, but I definitely do not like that for what should be a formal event in my eyes.) This blue is absolutely stunning because even though it is deeper for a spring look, it still wows with how rich it looks. Plus the lace back on this dress is to die for. 

Alice+Olivia Aria Diagonal Ruffle Tiered Gown
-When I first saw this gown, I wasn't too impressed. But I thought, might as well check it out. What an unexpected surprise. The simplicity in the ruffles of this nude gown bring out the softness that this dress is trying to portray. I also have a love for low backs, and this one takes the cake. Gorgeously exposing of the spine and I adore it so.

Cache Deco Beaded Blouson Gown
-You can't tell in the picture, but the mint color on this dress is stunning. Mint is one of my new favorite colors ever since it became huge over the past year. Mint is always fashion forward in my book and the blouson of this dress adds a vintage flapper flare to me. This dress seems easy and pretty for a spring affair.

Max and Cleo Strapless Chiffon Gown in Custard
-This is a more affordable pick compared to the others. Under $200, this dress screams spring time. Yellow attracts me like no other color, so when I saw this gown, I had to look at it. I love the sweetheart neckline with the crisscross of chiffon. It gives great detail to a delicate, soft dress such as this one.

Catherine Deane Lace-Sleeve Tulle Gown
-For those of you who want to be extra elegant and prefer darker colors, allow me to introduce you to this amazing black gown. The lace on this dress is divine (and the back is completely lace as well)! Plus, tulle is what makes up the skirt part, which is always a do in my mind. Delicate yet sexy, if you ask me.









No comments:

Post a Comment