Saturday, March 16, 2013

Highway Don't Care.

"Yeah, I bet you're bending God's ear
talking about me.
You're trying not to let the first 
tear fall out."

-Tim McGraw.

I am a girl who wholeheartedly believes that retail therapy is one of the best ways of relaxing. Like you may have noticed, I have been stressed to the max for a while. So a trip to the mall was a definite YES.

My friend, Stef, is in dire need of a cute prom dress. Yes, prom is about 2 months away, but it's better now than later. We rummaged through every store from Saks to White House Black Market with no luck. I mean, she can look good in anything because: a) she's tiny and b) she has olive skin = matches any color. 

Luckily, I came across these adorable high waisted pinstripe cream shorts at Polo Ralph Lauren. I feel like Rizzo from Grease in them. Vintage classic. Best part? I GOT $100 OFF. Score one for the broke college kid!

As much as my style changes constantly, I have my staples. And I have my cravings and loves. At the moment, here are my go-tos:

1) Polka dots. Anything. Everything. Love love love.
2) High waisted bottoms. They just slim anyone down.
3) Mint. Yes, I know this is very last spring but it's the one pastel that always looks fresh to me.
4) Black and white together. Crisp and clean, perfect fashion hot off the runways.
5) Studs. I love spikes on anything. Edgy and cool.
6) Chains. No, I don't mean hanging there. On purse straps or linings of jackets. 
7) Rompers. It's almost summer. I need something to romp around in ASAP.
8) Heeled sandals. I'm on the hunt for a pair for summer. If you know of any, let me know.
9) Leather bottoms. I am dying for a pair of leather hot pants. Sexy beyond belief.
10) Chiffon hi-low/maxi skirts. Easy, breezy, beautiful.

Fashion is one of my favorite relaxations because it is always changing, along with life. It makes me feel wonderful that I can find myself through clothes. 

Driving in the car to a magical land filled with new trends and good deals makes for a great Saturday night in my book. But next time, I am going to Johnny Rockets for a peanut butter milkshake. It's so happening.


No comments:

Post a Comment