Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Don't You Forget About Me.

"Won't you come see about me?
I'll be alone,
dancing you know it, baby."

-Simple Minds.


Wow. We're in May, aren't we now? So weird.

I spent the day with the greatest family ever, stuffing my face with linguisa and watermelon. Pretty sure I'm never eating again for the next week. Too full. Must throw up. Maybe.

As I slum around my bedroom, I decided to watch The Breakfast Club. If you have never seen it, then shame on you. This movie should be the only requirement to go into high school. The first time I ever watched this movie was the beginning of my freshman year. Long story short: my freshman year of high school was the worst year of my life, emotionally and mentally. The Breakfast Club opened my eyes up to the fact that I was not alone. Other kids my age had problems, too. We all were a little dumb, a little naive, a little anxious, and it would all be okay, even if our worlds were crumbling. Generation after generation, teenagers will always have insane emotions and issues. And those feelings are so raw and real, that it's something only this film can capture. I cannot tell you how many lines I relate to, even now. I mean, this movie is more in touch with my life than anything I can think of.

Best Lines:

"When you grow up, your heart dies." -Allison

"We're all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that's all." -Andrew

"Why? Cause I'm telling the truth, that makes me a bitch?" -Claire

 Seriously, though. Thank you John Hughes for understanding the teenage mind more than teenagers even can. You are a savior. I salute you, Mr. Hughes. And thank you, Breakfast Club. You saved and changed my life forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment