Saturday, May 11, 2013

Two Rebels.

"The sun comes up.
I can see you in the dark,
but you're looking even better
in the morning, yeah."

-Honor Society.

As we all know, Mother's Day is tomorrow. Another shocker? I still have yet to get my mom a gift. Now, I know what you're thinking. How inconsiderate and forgetful am I? Not he case in the slightest. I've been brainstorming many gifts to create, but I refrain from buying due to the fact that there is NO hiding place for said gifts. My mom literally goes everywhere in my house and she would find it, even in the sneakiest of places. It's just that whole weird cleaning obsession. Tomorrow, while I try my best to show my appreciation with words, actions and the few amount of presents, here are some DIYs in case you're a last minute gifter such as I...

Custom Coffee Cup: Pretty self-explanatory in the image above. Just write whatever your heart desires and bake the mug in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until the message becomes set in stone, so to speak. What a special way to tell the coffee loving mom how much you love her.

All you need is a frame and some sheet metal from Lowe's and bada-bing! Easy and rustic way to make a magnetic message board for the kitchen or living room. 

I'm a huge advocate for baking presents. Therefore, these cupcake cones are a cute way to tell your mommy that you love her. I mean, the way to anyone's heart is through their stomach. Am I right? Just be creative with flavors and frostings; experimenting with baking is just all around great fun!

I think we all have pulled this gift at least once in our lives. As simple as it might be, it means so much if you take the time to pick good chores for vouchers. I know my mom would definitely appreciate if I gave her a homemade coupon to dust the furniture or make my bed. (Ain't gonna happen. Sorry, Lady.)

If your mom is into homemade accessories, be sure to make her a mother-daughter friendship bracelet. I'm obsessed with the chevron take on these. Even though I have no clue how to thread these babies together, all of my friends say it's simple once you get the braiding down. Go for it!





No comments:

Post a Comment