Thursday, May 30, 2013

Hey Pretty Girl.

"Hey pretty girl,
let's build some dreams.
And a house
on a piece of land."

-Kip Moore.



I've been celebrating a beautiful, summer day all day long. I saw a couple old friends who I miss and love dearly. So many good memories with those two boys that I wouldn't replace for the world. And the best part? They haven't changed their kind-hearted ways and they still make me smile.

I basked in the sunshine while lounging around in my grandparent's pool. I think I'm finally realizing I love being in the water. I almost wish I could breathe underwater because it's such a cool phenomenon to see everything beneath the surface. I also love the effects of chlorine to my blonde hair and tanned skin. 

I had my first raspberry lemonade on the summer. The first of many to come and I love being able to say that. Normally, if someone liked to drink something, they would have it all year round. But I wait until my favorite time of the year because it allows me to celebrate how good summertime really is. 

The kids I volunteered with had their open house tonight. Boy, do second graders say the darnedest things. I love them so much for their irrational wishes and their imaginative stories. Every time I go to something like this where kids show their creative sides, it makes me second guess my career path. Which in all reality, may not be too much of a bad thing...but we'll see where it all goes.

Almost Friday...keep dreaming and being kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment