Sunday, May 19, 2013

Treasure.

"You're everything I see
in my dreams.
I wouldn't say that 
if it wasn't true."

-Bruno Mars.

Literally so disappointed by the Billboard Music Awards. I look forward to every show in which musicians are honored for their contributions to one of the greatest industries in the world. But how have they reduced themselves to lip syncing and awful dancing? I mean, really, Taylor Swift? You're 23...don't wear unicorns on your shirt. Justin Bieber, just stop. I admire and praise Ed Sheeran and Kacey Musgraves for taking this to an acoustic level, bringing back some sort of hope to the humanity of the music world. If only people would recognize your talent beyond the stunts and lights being pulled by every other artist tonight. Normally, I would just smile and go on my way, but I can't believe this is music to us now. Bring back to the instruments and meaningful lyrics.

Another thing I love to analyze and criticize? Pre-show carpet fashion. Here are my top looks from the BBMA Carpet:

Even though sometimes she can get a tad insane for me, Miley Cyrus pulls off the coolest look of the night in this black-and-white checkered jumpsuit by Balmain. Too cool for school.

Is that velvet with cutouts, I see? Emmy Rossum stunned in this gorgeous black gown by Zuhair Murad.

Bow down to you, Shania Twain. You steal the show in this greyish white dress. She has never looked so fresh and beautiful, I can say that.

At first, I'll say I hated this look. The hair was wrong, there was a bit too much skin. But then I thought about how white hot Selena Gomez looks in this Atelier Versace number. The neon adds a pop of summer color. 

This metallic, bubblewrap confection by Rami Al Ali is so futuristic fashionista on Miss Kelly Rowland. Always a favorite on the carpet, for sure.





No comments:

Post a Comment