Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Follow Me.

"You don't know how you met me.
You don't know why
you can't turn around
and say goodbye."

-Uncle Kracker.

What a classic, don't you think?

Today, I played housewife. No, not like that, you dirty-minded fool. I actually lived life like a stay-at-home mom. Might I say, it was like my dream come true. I made myself a fresh pot of coffee and indulged in some Live With Kelly & Michael. I proceeded to continue the day cooking, cleaning, running petty errands and keeping the normal routine of tanning and Jeopardy all in one. 

If you haven't gathered it from me yet, I love love love to bake. I think it's such therapy to mix and heat and serve up a good dessert that comes with a touch of love and care. Today, I did just that by creating a dish from an old cookbook via my alma mater. Yes, I made (for the millionth time) Reese's Peanut Butter Bars. And they are quite a treat if I do say so myself. An unhealthy addiction, but oh so worth it. Here's the recipe with instructions below if you want to transform yourself into a Rachael Ray for the day...

Bon appetit!


1. Melt together in a saucepan:
1 cup butter
2 cups peanut butter (creamy or chunky, the choice is yours)

2. After peanut butter mixture becomes somewhat smooth, add:
1 cup powdered sugar
2 cups crushed/crumbled graham crackers

3. Pour mixture into a 9x11 tin and set aside.

4. Melt together in a saucepan:
2 cups chocolate chips (your preference of chocolate allowed)
2/3 cup peanut butter

5. When smooth, take off stove and pour immediately on top of tin mixture. 

6. After all chocolate is covering the first layer, put tin inside the refrigerator. Store until bars become hardened. Cut into slices.

Voila! Best dessert ever.



No comments:

Post a Comment