Saturday, May 25, 2013

Nothing To Lose.

"All my life, I've been looking
for someone like you,
falling head over heels
saying what could I do."

-Josh Gracin.

Back roads take all the stress away. A little bit of sweet, downhome country music and a winding street through farms and fields puts my mind back into perspective. Although it may not always seem it, I'm a country California girl. I was born and raised in the land of oak-grilled BBQ and FFA leaders. I'm a daughter of the strawberry fields and the smell of broccoli in the air. All I've ever known is winds kicking up dust and cows roaming along the sides of the freeway. It's my way of living.

Today, as I went a little bit too fast and swerved a little too much, I drove in my comfort zone. I looked around at the beauty of my hometown that some people would call the boondocks and others would say is high society. But to me, it's where I come from and where my heart beats true.

In addition to my hickville adventure, my mom and I were invited to a southern-style bridal shower. Place of venue? A trailer park. Well, hee-haw, I am actually the most excited ever for this wonderful event. It represents so much more knowing that these are my people and this is how we roll. 

Back roads work wonders on the pressures of the soul. Crank up that radio, roll the windows down and take a ride. I can guarantee happiness restored in the reality of your life.

Here's just an idea of what I get the privilege of driving through:





No comments:

Post a Comment