Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Never Gonna Give You Up.

"We've known each other
for so long.
Your heart's been aching, 
but you're too shy to say it."

-Rick Astley.

My friends are the coolest people on the planet. Or at least I believe them to be. 

Per usual, Nicole and I baked the afternoon away with one of my biggest inspirations, Mrs. Sagisi, who also happens to be my best guy friend, Matt's, mom. Win win situation, am I right? Also the norm, we talked about life and faith and the future and told stories from our past that were once just moments and now have become laughs. It's so therapeutic to be able to just be myself and say what's really on my mind. Having a second mom definitely has its perks.

Now, Matthew and I have been friends for years now. 13 years, in case you were wondering. We've literally grown up together as kids and that boy has never gone a day without making me laugh until I'm in tears or rolling on the floor. Not only is he downright hilarious, but he is everything a person should be. He is genuine and sincere. He has charisma and is one of the most talented individuals on the planet. He is intelligent and kind to all and never really gets angry. (I've only seen it happen once or twice...but it takes A LOT.) He has manners and is outgoing and just breathes happiness. Gosh, I love that kid. 

I'm so grateful to have a best friend like Matt. He and I have been through it all and he's been one of the few to stick by my side for as long as we've known each other. I mean, we're practically brother and sister at this point. We fight and make fun of each other. We harass one another, but no matter what we have that family love for each other. And I am beyond thankful for the friendship we have created and kept for the past 13 years.


Matthew, you know I love you, kiddo. Party blood and throwing sandwiches and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment