Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Fear.

"I'll look at the sun.
And I'll look in the mirror.
I'm on the right track, yeah.
I'm on to a winner."

-Lily Allen

If you are to know anything about me, it is the fact that I live for Awards Season. When December rolls around, I'm not just excited for Christmas and New Year's Eve; I know, right around the corner, I will be drowning in the beauty of the Oscars, Grammys, and the other fine nights. To be a reporter covering the Red Carpet is my all-time dream and I plan on being the next Giuliana Rancic. A girl can wish, can't she?

While I am here in my dorm room a mere 2000 miles away from the action, I still devoted the majority of my day to watching the stars graze the Carpet at the annual Golden Globes. Being obsessed with fashion, as well, I'm going to put on my diva reporter news cap and give you my take of the Best and the Worst of the Carpet. Enjoy!

Best:

Claire Danes in a beautiful punch red Versace gown. Classy as always.

Anne Hathaway is radiant in a white Chanel dress. Gorgeous and flawless.

Ah, John Krasinski. Your wife, Emily Blunt, is looking glam in a gold Michael Kors number. Obsessed much? Completely.

Va-va-voom! Lea Michele looking hot in a white Elie Saab piece.

Jessica Alba can never, ever go wrong. Looking absolutely stunning in this hot blush Oscar de la Renta gown.

P.S. You don't realize how hard it was to choose only 5 stars for this. There were definitely more hits than misses. Too many classic/perfect looks, too little time. Pretty, just pretty. This is for you: Nicole Kidman, Amy Adams, Heidi Klum, Jennifer Lopez, Kristen Bell and Eva Longoria (work the Angelina slit, girl!)

Misses:
Gabby Douglas...I love you as a gymnast. But this lemon-lime Pamella Rolland dress is just so off.

We all know Halle Berry is stunning. But this pink floral/watercolor number by Versace is not her best choice.

Where did the bombshell factor go from Jennifer Lawrence? This Dior Couture gown left me bored and dreaming of that Calvin Kline number from years past...and what's up with the chest?

I know you're new around here, Lena Dunham, but your Zac Posen dress makes you look like an awkward eggplant. Nice try, but no cigar.

Rosario Dawson. Why are you covering up your perfect figure underneath that powder blue gown?


Just because it's over with Harry Styles does not mean you have to show off your so-called "edgy" side. Next time, Taylor Swift, don't try to vamp it up with an eggplant colored Donna Karan Atelier number. Just...no.

All in all, the Globes proved to be a shining year. As I sat and critiqued, I seemed to be finding myself to be saying a few more "gorgeouses" than "ickys". Let me know who you rated to be looking hot and who was more of a dud. Until next awards show, I'll be dying for more high fashion.

Also, can we all agree on how hot Eddie Redmayne looks tonight? That boy is one good looking dreamboat.


No comments:

Post a Comment