Saturday, January 19, 2013

Happy Together.

"Imagine me and you, 
I do.
I think about you day and night,
it's only right."

-The Turtles


When winter temperatures rise with the best of them, it gets me a little bit too excited for life. The sun has made a strong entrance in the past couple days, but today is proved to shine a tad brighter in order to heat up the frosty January air. Taking advantage of the sweet sunshine is a must in my book; I am addicted to the all-natural Vitamin D. 

My roommate, Emilie, and I went out on a limb to accomplish one of the many tasks on our "Freshman Bucket List". Our priority: a trip to the Adventure Science Center. For two hours, we explored the wonders of the stars, the gruesome details of the human body and how hot a building can get in direct sunlight with 50 other small children running around. It was a hands-on experience wonderland filled with curiosity and knowledge. It brought me back to the days of grade school, looking as science as one of the coolest things known to man. Check that one off the list!



We became even more school spirited at the mens' basketball game against the Tigers. Spirit fingers and clapping were our most valuable accessories and we even had our mouths dropped at the halftime entertainment of the evening. (Gymnastic tumbling is a feat I wish I had.) All in all, the Bruins won and sent home the Tiger team with a "polite" shaking of the keys.



Joined by Stef and Kelly, our sweet tooths caught up with us and we were in dire need of frozen yogurt. I am a huge believer in the fact that ice cream can cure all sicknesses, bad days, and pretty much anything else weighing a person down. The swirl of peanut butter and chocolate milk mixed with waffle cone and Butterfinger drowned out my nonexistent sorrows  while the night lived on. We topped off our fro-yo visit with a chill session at Fido. Let me just say: I have never had such amazing hot apple cider. The aroma of the cinnamon stick complemented the taste of fall as I sipped the sweet drink from my giant coffee cup. I may be getting a bit overdramatic over a simple beverage, but it was, by far, the best thing I have had in quite some time.



Tomorrow awaits a second Saturday and I pray it will be as sweet as the crisp winter wind and the zing of a tall hot cider.

No comments:

Post a Comment