Sunday, January 20, 2013

Philadelphia.

"All we learn that love's supposed to win.
But sometimes it's the demons,
that are standing in the end."

-Parachute

For anyone who doesn't know me, know this: Parachute is my all-time favorite band ever. Although they have only released two albums, all of their songs are the melodies to my heart. Their albums represent my life at various moments and the words take me back in time to memories I can never forget.

As I made today a lazy Sunday, this song came on. A song that speaks a tremendous amount of volumes to my soul. A song that, no matter what is going on in the word, makes my heart stop beating and my mind cease to control its lost thoughts. This song is so wrong, it's right. And I mean that in all terms of the phrase. 

Long story short: this is a melody about a man who commits the sin of adultery upon his girlfriend. Despite how awful it may sound, I have never heard a song that is as hauntingly beautiful as such. You want to hate the story and the situation, but your mind gets caught up in the soothing riffs of the guitar and sweet tones created for such sorrow. 

"Philadelphia" takes me back to many a time in which I have had so many emotions. It represents every waking bone in my body, despite the fact I have never experienced such a heartbreaking relationship. The words take me to a time of blurry driving and swollen eyes from the harsh tears of a difficult decision. It brings me to my last few nights of the summer before picking up all my bags and heading South for what some called "the rest of my life". It takes me to the foggy evenings in which I couldn't help but break down. And yet, in all those moments, I found myself. The real me that comes out on rare occasions. She is the vulnerable one who is driven by her own stubbornness and finds faith within a tune. She came out for seven minutes today and it was nice to see her. 

Without further ado, welcome to the song that changed my perspective and life. For the better:


No comments:

Post a Comment