Saturday, January 26, 2013

Big City Dreams.

"It's bound to get hot,
in the summer,
but the summer is a bummer
if you can't leave 
this pathetic excuse for a town."

-Nevershoutnever!

I've been talking a lot about the future as of late. And it scares the hell out of me. As much as I want to get out of college as fast as I can and move on to the next part of life, that means that I actually have to live life. Like an adult. Reality gets the best of all of us, doesn't it?

As I went to breakfast with my good friend, Katy, I felt so mature as I admitted that my parents are the smartest people I know and that marriage is a huge commitment. I stand by those two statements in full; my parents (especially my mom) are my best friends and I swear I'm not getting married until I'm 30 and have a solid career for myself. It's so weird that at only 18 years old, I'm defining all these standards while digging away at some Sugar and Spice pancakes. If you would have asked me a year ago where I'd be now, I wouldn't have been able to tell you in the slightest. But I'm here and I got here safely. That's what counts.



I feel so profound at this point in my life and yet, I will always be that 8-year-old little girl who is obsessed with being one of the guys and not having a care in the world. I want to be one of those people who stays a kid at heart. I don't plan on growing up no matter where I live or what I do for a living. I don't want to change that part of me because I believe that's one of my greatest definitions, if I even have any. So yeah, I'm going to stuff my face with hotcakes drowned in cinnamon syrup with a side of hash browns and laughter. It's just the way I am.

I don't ever want to grow up. Might as well start packing for Neverland right now. Otherwise, time may pass by too quick and I may never get the chance to live out my real dream. As long as there is breakfast there waiting for me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment