Monday, January 28, 2013

Always Summer.

"I left home,
 but there's one thing I still know.
It's always summer in my heart, 
and in my soul."

-Yellowcard.

(Yes, I do love Yellowcard. Get ready for a lot of those lyrics more frequently than other artists. Yellowcard is always relevant to me because they play typical California-summer-beach alt music. And that's what I like; something to jam out to that makes me think of happy times.)

The temperatures are rising here in the South for the next couple days and it gets me excited for many reasons:

1) I'm obsessed with warm weather. Any day can be perfect with 80 degree weather. Truth spoken in gest.

2) I'm pretty sure it's not normal to pull out my vintage cutoffs in the middle of January while living in somewhere that's not California. 

3) Summer is on the rise. Well, in a sense. Even though we're three months off the mark, I can smell it in the humid, stormy air. Summer is a-coming. 

While summertime does make me as calm as an ocean breeze, it also makes me want to plan on all of the outfits I will be donning during the hot heat of June. Pinterest fixes all my needs for that and I've been coming across some in which I plan to execute to my very best.

Olivia Palermo is the queen of young and forward fashion. This girly nautical look is all perfectly polished with a striped boatneck top and high waisted shorts. And what's an outfit without a chain-linked oversized bag?

Can you say OBSESSED? The tan oversized cardigan brings the comfort to this white button-up and denim high waisted short combo. So fresh and so put together.

Deep down inside all of us is a grunge hippie dying to come out. This outfit, consistent of an off-white giant shirt dress drowned in beaded necklaces and a rosary, is the ultimate Coachella meets SxSW outfit.

Bow down to Lauren Conrad's classic style any day of the week. I live in my bikini during summer, so this navy bandeau top with a high waisted navy-and-white striped A-line skirt are pretty and sexy all at the same time.

This is a great look for the chill days in which you just wanna relax and enjoy the sun. A printed maxi skirt with a simple white cami can never go wrong. Top it off with a lightweight cardigan in case the summer air gets a tad chilly at night.

I love cutoffs. I love red. I love America. BOOM. With the sleeveless button-up tucked in to these bad boys, I would be rockin' it the patriotic way.

I can't wait until every day is a swimsuit day and when my tan is my only accessory. Summer, I'm calling for you. Please come soon.







No comments:

Post a Comment