Friday, January 4, 2013

Awakening.

"No rest for the wicked, they say.
Forgive me if I try to change."

-Yellowcard


The smell of the sea breeze and the crashing of the waves always brings me back to summer. It's one of the best things about being home because the ocean was where I was raised. If you know me, you know I live for beach sunshine and diving right into the Pacific. There's nothing better than a glorious day spent strolling up and down the West Coast shoreline. 


Between bothering innocent sea anemones and walking all the way down the breaking boardwalk, I felt like summer was upon me. And it's true that summer is closer than it was 4 months ago. California kind of does that to a person; the tide drags you in and sweeps you out to sea to fall in love with the best coast. I'm so grateful that in 5 months, these dream scenes will soon become my daily reality. I will become a bum who lives off of SPF 30 and Tiger's Blood sno-cones while I bask under the sweetest sunlight a person could ever feel.


Until then, these pictures will just have to last me. I cannot wait to see you again, Big Pacific. I love you.








No comments:

Post a Comment