Friday, January 11, 2013

Jack & Diane.

"Oh, yeah...life goes on.
Long after the thrill of living is gone."

-John Mellencamp

How I live for Fridays and the weekend. I have officially survived Week One of the Spring semester of my freshman year of college. And what a rollercoaster first week it was. But, as for today, I can consider my status as content. My classes have gone back into the cruise mode and I feel confident in my ability to succeed in the classroom for the next few weeks. Plus, starting the weekend at 2PM on a Friday afternoon ain't too shabby either.



In honor of the celebration of survival, my friends and I walked our way to Hillsboro to enjoy some savory plates. I had been craving a Jackson's Bistro Burger for quite some time now and let me tell you: the wait was well worth it. Nothing beats a perfectly cooked medium-rare burger. It absolutely is the best a meal can get. To top it all off, cookie dough eggrolls were on me for the night. Although as of late, I am carefully watching what I eat, I have to indulge on the sweets of life every once in a while. I am beyond grateful for choosing tonight as that occasion. 




It's not only food I have to splurge on in life though. I am glowing for many reasons besides the taste of half-baked cookie dough. I am smiling for friends like mine who give me something better than anything else on the planet: laughter, trust, and happiness. I am thankful for the weather giving us spontaneous warm winter weather in the middle of a typically cool January. I am in love with the ideas that I am living my life to the fullest it can be and proud to be able to realize such a feat. 

Cheers to the freakin' weekend. Let's drink to that and many more...
(Well, drink Diet Cokes, of course!)


No comments:

Post a Comment