Saturday, October 19, 2013

Problems.

"Say she from the hood
but she live inside the valley.
Now vacate in Atlanta,
then she going back to Cali."

-A$AP Rocky, Drake & Kendrick Lamar.

Can I let you in on a secret? My guilty pleasure is a good rap song. I wouldn't say I'm an OG, but I get pretty thug when there's a dope beat on and the lyrics are beyond authentic. By no means is this song the most meaningful thing I've ever heard, but boy is it catchy. I have been trying to learn the words since June and I'm just now getting on board with the flow of the tune. But let me tell you: I'm obsessed. I can definitely say this will be on my top favorite rap songs of the year. Along with: Black Skinheads, Tom Ford, Own It, Beware (if that song counts as rap...). 

Besides that, my day was quite uneventful. I'm pretty sure I spent about four hours straight on the couch watching SEC football in sweatpants. How glamorous am I?! Oh yeah, and to make things even more exciting, I ventured by my lonesome to Target to buy myself some Break'n'Bake Halloween cookies and a new bathing suit as an incentive to stop eating bad. What a wonderful life I lead as a college student. Nothing says party like a trip to the store alone followed by chick flick/Friends marathon on a Saturday night! Am I right?

I guess we all have those days sometimes. I just can't wait until the days of legal drinking age where I can somewhat drown out my sorrows of lonely weekend nights with a glass of wine or the good ol' Lime-A-Rita. Man, I sound like some alcoholic, don't I? Better bite my tongue now before this post gets too out of hand.

One last thing...this happened. And I don't know how I feel about it.




No comments:

Post a Comment