Thursday, October 24, 2013

Magnolia Tree.

"Watch your smile,
so big and blue.
Won't you kiss me
underneath the moon?"

-Drew Holcomb & The Neighbors.

There's beauty in choosing the support systems we call friends. They are the family you call your own and you make them your own blood. You love them and worry about them and figure them out better than you know yourself. The people around you make the biggest influence on who you are and I am beyond blessed to be surrounded by people who I can honestly say I will never be good enough for. 


The colder the weather gets, the more frequent coffee dates become. Today's cafe adventure led me and my sweet friend, Nikki, to East Nash. Barista Parlour was on the agenda and along with visiting the warehouse-chic shop being a first in my book, I snacked on my first macaron and sipped upon the richest of vanilla lattes. Am I hipster enough yet?


Anywho, my little talks with Nikki are literally the most heart-filled chats. I cannot begin to tell you how her intricate, philosophical outlooks open up the floodgates to emotions and revelations galore. We discovered love languages and realized the importance of quality over quantity. We laughed over baby pictures and cried over two old people in love. Revealing my most vulnerable thoughts about relationships and secrets and family and life is terrifying to most, but with her, it's comfortably set. There's something reassuring in our friendship and a sense of mutual understanding that...wow...I'm so grateful for. Cliche, sure, but her company is some of the best around and I don't know where I'd be without her Southern charm and sweet grace. 

Life's pretty crazy, if you ask me. But with great friends and wonderful discussions, the tension is eased and the moments are magical. The unsteady times and angering anxiety becomes quiet and I can just be still. 

My heart is full, y'all. It truly is.

No comments:

Post a Comment