Sunday, September 8, 2013

When A Heart Breaks.

"This isn't easy.
This isn't clear.
And you don't need Jesus
til you're here."

-Ben Rector.

Before I start boring you with my Fashion Week rants, I have a special shout out to make. So, my roommate's third cousin (yes, I know, that's hardly a relation) is a young girl named Kelcey. She and my roommate grew up playing together and hanging out for the majority of their lives. Although distance has made them grow apart in the later years, my roommate's love for Kelcey is huge. 

You see, Kelcey has Hodgkin's lymphoma and has been fighting for about three years. Due to her illness, Make-A-Wish offered to take her greatest dream and let her meet One Direction. When the time came near, Kelcey became too ill and couldn't participate. But this dream could not be squashed. Kelcey's family members (including my roommate, Kelly) started reaching out on Facebook and Twitter to get Harry Styles to at least tweet this sweet girl. 

In hopes that possibly a trend would amount, I listened to Kelly's story about Kelcey and immediately tweeted the hashtag, #harrytweetkelcey. Within hours, it spread like wildfire all over social media, reaching radio stations, fan clubs and even celebrities like Katie Couric and Jason Mraz. 

And this afternoon, her wish was granted. I just want to say a massive thank you to Harry Styles for being a true gentleman and treating a fan to their dream. I'm so grateful for your tweet (and follow) of hope for that precious girl's life. Mr. Styles, I respect so much more than ever before. I also want to pray and send all my love to Kelcey and her family for all they have gone through. You are an inspiration and I'm hoping for the absolute best.

Thank you for allowing me to share that story. It means the world. 

Now, fashion. Here are some of my favorite looks for you to  "oooh" and "ahhh" over.

Band of Outsiders.

Diane von Furstenburg.

Vivienne Tam.

Thakoon. 
(One of my favorite lines of the season so far.)

Victoria Beckham.

DKNY.

Derek Lam.

Tracy Reese.

Lela Rose.

Monique Lhuillier. (OBSESSED, MUCH.)

No comments:

Post a Comment