Sunday, September 29, 2013

Come On Get Higher.

"And I ache to remember
all the violent, sweet
perfect words that you said."

-Matt Nathanson.

Hearing good news about my friends' and family's lives is literally the greatest feeling I will ever know. I get so excited knowing that the people I love are having the best moments happen to them. There is nothing better than the sound of joy in the tone of their voices and it makes my heart melt of pure happiness. Like, I live for their enjoyment of anything. Ah, hence why today has been spectacular.

My grandpa came home after eight days of IVs and blood transfusions. Praise the Lord for his healing. To hear my grandma talk to him and tell him how good he looks after not showering for over a week was literally enough to get me through the next week. I adore their relationship through thick and thin. My family is honestly my number one and I'm almost crying of happiness just blogging about them. I'm SO blessed. Beyond belief, they give me strength. I will never be as good as my family and their love for one another. They are just too much.

Stef got the A-OK to go abroad to London in the fall of 2014. She was close to tears when she found out her mom was giving her the opportunity to do what she wanted. That's why I chose this song today. It came on the radio as the words came out of her mouth and she about had a great emotional breakdown. (More like buildup, I should say.) It's such a huge leap of faith and I'm so stoked she's able to go and explore and discover and just be. That's such a cool thing to do and say.

Lastly, I want to make this point for a guideline to live by for the next week. Midterms are coming up quick and everything seems to be flying by. I feel as if at times, I'm reaching my breaking point and I'm about the fall off the edge of the cliff from having too much to do. But this morning during service, my pastor said something that will stick with me forever...

"Jesus will push you in order for you to be blown away with the power of His grace. Don't lose heart. Trust Him."

Even if you aren't Christian, or religious, or care, but just remember: even when everything seems too much, just trust. Trust yourself. Trust God. Trust a friend. Just have faith in something and you will make it. No matter what.  

No comments:

Post a Comment