Friday, September 20, 2013

Hold On, We're Going Home.

"I got my eyes on you.
You're everything I see.
I want your hot love and emotion
endlessly."

-Drake.

Literally, this has been playing in my head on repeat for the past week. I wake up and it's the first thing I think of. I drive to the grocery store and it's on the radio. I have it on Spotify on the daily. Maybe my mind is gearing up for the new album coming out on Tuesday, but I gotta give it up to my boy, Drake, for this killer jam.

On this gloomy and rather annoying Friday, I've been pondering what study abroad life in London a year from today would look like. I'm pretty sure it would be a lot colder than the Tennessee autumns and raining every other day, but I'm still stoked beyond belief. I'll have to find a new aesthetic in my fashion identity and I already have an icon to emulate: Miss Alexa Chung.

I'm wrapped up in her boyish yet classic style and I want to use this Friday Five to focus on her best looks.

YES. Femme meets fall. The offset of the black, sheer tights with this delicate, lacy dress is the perfect way to keep warm and cute.

When I think menswear, I immediately channel this outfit. Alexa does the masculine trend in all the right ways with the pilgrim-like bowtie and tuxedo suspenders.

Going for the girly Chanel look, much? I just want to steal this navy bow coat for every occasion and every season and yeah...I'm just basically obsessed with this piece.

No matter where she is, Alexa knows how to rock some cutoffs. And my biggest pleasure? CUTOFFS. Adding her signature sheer tights with a simple button-up is the easiest way to look rad in colder weather.

YAY FOR OVERALLS. Another one of her necessities are one of my latest essentials. I couldn't pick my favorite look out of these, so...BOOM. Rockin' it, girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment