Saturday, August 31, 2013

Knee Deep.

"Mind on a permanent vacation.
The ocean is my only medication.
Wishing my condition
ain't ever gonna go away."

-Zac Brown Band & Jimmy Buffett.

Labor Day weekend is one of the best rewards for finishing out my first full week of school. I can't believe we're already going into September. I swear, April just started like two hours ago...figures.


First off, today is my dad's birthday. Wow, that sentence was boring. But I really missed out by not being there for his celebration weekend. Last year, I remember not really caring about being absent. This year, I wish I could have flown home to hang out with the family and eat some cake or something. One day, I will come home and hang out with the guy that basically gave me every personality trait I have. I literally would not be the same without you and I'm so glad you made me as stubborn and extreme as possible. You're the best...even if we quote Stepbrothers way too much.


Sometimes, one phone call can change your life. I really hate those surprise announcements via telephone. Mine came today in the form of one of my best friend's moms crying to me about the loss of her grandfather. I literally can't stomach tears from other people, but being there for my girl, Huber, made me realize something I sometimes forget. I love that girl. She has seen me at highs and lows and the same goes from me to her. She is beautiful inside and out. That girl is my rock and she changed my life in such an amazing way. I couldn't picture this chapter of my life without her. She is my Huber and that will never change. I'm just praying for her and her family right now. All my love and thoughts will be for them. RIP Grandpa Huber.


Last but not least, today was very much so a lake day. Something about the atmosphere of Percy Priest made me want to get back out on Naci and go wakesurfing. Or innertubing. Or swimming. I really miss summer. And the cabin. And the boat. And my best friend laughing with me. But it's not in a homesick way. It's in nostalgia and longing to go back soon. Soon meaning December. I can wait that long. Even though some nights are long and the stress is high, I'm going back pretty quickly. But the lake just took me to my happy place. The water just puts me in a good vibe, you know?


No comments:

Post a Comment