Sunday, August 4, 2013

Keep Your Eyes Open.

"Cause if you never leave home,
never let go,
you'll never make it 
to the great unknown."

-Needtobreathe.

Sorry, be right back. Crying of confusion over this new Parachute stuff. I just don't even know how to handle this...progression of music this album has taken on. I miss The Way It Was.

Hmm, anyways. We have finally begun the final countdown of my last days in the endless California summer. Man, what a bittersweet feeling. It's weird to think I was saying my goodbyes this time last year and that so much has changed since then. I honestly could not tell you one emotion I have over this because I don't really know what to say. It is what it is, how about that?

As we head into the single digit day mark, I think I'll just focus on the present. On the now. Sure, the past is great and the future is coming full speed, but that's not in my hands. Living right here is what I want to do. Forget the fact I have 9 days left in this beautiful place. I need to live no day like today. Tennessee and Belmont can wait a little while longer.

So for this next last full week in my small hometown, I'm excited for the movie nights. I'm stoked for the beach days. I'm ready for the baking sessions. I'm dreading the packing and sending my clothes away. (Heaven forbid I have an empty armoir to pick an ensemble from.) I'm happy to have endless little talks with my family and the people who have been chosen into my family. I want to capture these things to the best of my ability. Here's to the Sunday of summer. 

August, you got nothin' on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment