Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Stolen.

"Before the gold and glimmer
have been replaced,
another sun soaked season
fades away."

-Dashboard Confessional.


The beauty of the ocean makes my heart grow fonder every time I come in close contact with the deep blue. God sure is one creative artist for painting such a body so flawless as that. Maybe it's the California girl in me, but without the beach, I would be a lost soul, trying to find a replacement house for my passion of the sea.

I have complete regret over the fact I never took advantage of what gorgeous scenery I grew up in. You see, before a couple years back, I never really ventured to the sand and salt paradise. If we just so happened to do a drive-by on PCH, I would glance and take the view for granted. But as I have moved to a landlocked location, I have fallen head over heels for everything tropical and surfer-oriented. I breathe in the salty breeze and it reminds me of where I need to be.

Truthfully, I do have quite the affair with the country calmness that Tennessee has brought me. But my heart will always beat for the West Coast. I'm so blessed to have this summertime with a golden state of mind. It makes me happy when skies are grey, which if I'm honest, rarely happens in the land of sunshine.

Home is where the heart is. If you can find that as an honest truth, hold on to it as strong as you can and never let go. It makes the trying times simpler. It's time I grasp that concept...maybe I'll go make some lemons into sweet lemonade.


No comments:

Post a Comment