Thursday, June 27, 2013

Can't Help Falling In Love.

"Take my hand.
Take my whole life, too."

-Ingrid Michaelson.



M was 16, R was 17. She got in a fight with her boyfriend and was so mad that she broke up with him. She wanted to rebound, so she went on her first date with R. They ended up having chemistry together. She did all of his homework for him; he got an A, she got a B. She was the pretty, popular girl and he was the top football guy. He told her he was rich and able, but he was really a dirt poor farm boy. Even when he graduated, they stuck together. One short year later, she graduated at 17. And a week later, they wed in a tiny little ceremony. Her parents were angry and his parents didn't really give a care. 

This story began 60 years ago. 

My grandparents have been married for a while now. They've never looked back even though they are the definition of two crazy teenagers in love. Their fairytale gives me hope and faith that love doesn't ever die. Love is real and it always has been. Why do I still believe this?

In honor of this momentous occasion, my grandfather made a simple toast: "Thank you to the love of my life."

It almost makes me cry thinking about how amazing this moment was for them. It's astonishing. I feel as if they are immortal and they'll be married another 20 or 30 years. They just inspire me every day and I'm so lucky to be their granddaughter. I'm so blessed to have this beautiful family that they have made for me and all of us. They created something so special, I can hardly put it in words.

All because two people fell in love...

Happy 60th anniversary to two of my favorite people EVER.

I love you two forever and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment