Saturday, June 1, 2013

Cruise.

"Baby, you a song.
You make me wanna 
roll my windows down
and CRUISE."

-Florida Georgia Line.


Days at the lake are the best ones. 

I grew up at Nacimiento and have lived hundreds of nights in our quaint wooden cabin. Countless painful sunburns and various awkward water wipeouts have occurred over the past 19 years. Going up north into the boondocks never gets old.

Spending the majority of the day in the dry heat of 100-degree weather is my paradise. The feeling of riding the wakes on a vintage surfboard is indescribable. The simple pleasures of waving hello to the fellow boaters and eating all the Haribo gummies make a trip on The Dragon well worth it.

Can you tell I'm obsessed with lake trips yet?

Well, this is the first of many during a long, hot summer. Every time my family ventures to the vineyard village of El Paso de Robles, we always leave with giant smiles upon our faces (along with a new possible threat of melanoma from our beet-red sunburns). Even though it was a short but sweet visit, I know my future staycations will definitely be at the lake. There's no place like it and it's not summer until you drive the winding dirt roads to reach the shores of Naci.



No comments:

Post a Comment