Wednesday, June 12, 2013

I Want Crazy.

"I want can't sleep, can't breathe without your love.
Front porch and one more kiss,
it doesn't make sense to anybody else."

-Hunter Hayes.

Another lake trip, another absence from this blog. I wish I could admit that I felt sorry, but I indulged in my love of frozen gummy bears and determination to ride the wave while wake surfing. 

With summer in full swing, I can't help but fall back in love with country music. California is known for its gorgeous beaches and famous people and huge cities, but that's not the California I was truly raised in. You see, I guess you could say I was raised in the "aggie" lifestyle. There are strawberry fields about less than a quarter-mile from my house. Everyone joins 4-H or FFA and if you're not in it, you have 5.2 million friends in that industry. Cows graze on the side of the freeway. Yeah, I live in a farm land. But that's what makes this place unique and quaint in its own ways. And country music goes hand in hand with this town...especially when you get stuck behind a John Deere on the way home from Grandma's. (This has happened to me before. Sadly, more than once...)

Hunter Hayes is...actually, I haven't figured out my opinion for him. But I'll say he can sing some pretty catchy songs. This one is his absolute best yet. It's like a adolescent Keith Urban  tune with a touch of sour lemonade on a hot, summer day. Quite simply, this song makes me want to put on some beat-up boots with a flowy sundress and dance around in circles out in the fields. Okay...that was a tad dramatic but nonetheless picturesque and my dream to do. And I know just the field to capture this moment in...(I mean, come on, there's a sign with the word 'IMAGINE' on it. Perfection.)


Take a listen to my new jam with a twist of a twang. I'm sure you'll get as hooked as I totally am at this point in time. Dance the night away...

No comments:

Post a Comment