Friday, June 7, 2013

Blurred Lines.

"But you're an animal.
Baby, it's in your nature.
Just let me liberate you."

-Robin Thicke, T.I., Pharrell.

I fully apologize for my long week of absence. I admit to a mini-vacation with my best friend to the Indian summer heat of Palm Springs in which we soaked up the sun for a solid four days in its pure glory. I'm discovering my inner lizard due to my deep passion for over-100 degree temperatures. Basking in sunshine is, in fact, one of my most favorite pastimes.

It occurred to me that I have missed out on a lot of news and a lot of fashion. So rather than just a Friday Five, I'm going to double it in order to cover the red carpet events of both the CFDAs and the CMT Awards. I'm back and here for business...

CFDA Awards

Ashley Madekwe's bright aqua cutout dress screams summer to me. The Cushnie et Ochs number with pointy, white Christian Louboutins is the perfect way to kick off the beginning of the greatest season of the year.

This gown just makes my jaw drop. Alessandra Ambrosio proves the fact that she never disappoints in this KaufmanFranco white dress with a cutout back and asymmetrical neckline. Man, is she just gorgeous.

Goodness gracious. Karolina Kurkova has legs for days in this metallic silver short suit by the fabulous Michael Kors. Shimmering and sexy all tied up.

How many times can I sound like a broken record? Karlie Kloss absolutely stuns in this deep, plunging neckline gown by Cushnie et Ochs. She could probably wear anything (including this navy confection) and I would be in awe. Love you, girl.

I'm so intrigued by this blue-green Proenza Schouler ensemble worn by the fabulous Miranda Kerr. The cool, square halter and structured drop-waist adds a modern flare to the earthy look.

Now, hold on, y'all. We're going to the good ol' South and a place I call home most of the time.
Nashville's very own CMT Awards.

CMT Awards

From inside sources, I've heard Jana Kramer isn't always the sweetest, but this black, lace-embroidered gown from Pavoni by Mikael D. is so, so sexy.

Confession time: I loathe the color orange. But Kimberly Perry is HOT in this tangerine Oday Shakar gown with lace cut-outs. Wow, she's just too pretty.

An LBD is always a smart move on any carpet for any event. Season pro Nicole Kidman looks classic in this Dior number with funky white heels. Simply perfect.

I was hesitant about choosing this look because I feel as if a nude sandal pump would have been such a complement to this short suit rather than the black peeptoe look. But Carrie Underwood shines in this sheer-paneled aqua outfit from Edition by Georges Chakra.

No comments:

Post a Comment