Saturday, June 8, 2013

Lay 'Em Down.

"Come all you broken.
Come all you helpless.
Bring all your troubles.
Come lay 'em down."

-Needtobreathe.

These past three days without my sweet, beloved Diet Coke have been purely exhausting. Well, to say the least...



With a constant headache and my eyes staying at a steady droop, I have still tried to keep as alive as ever. Today's adventure: high school graduation party...ranch style. Even though I live in the golden state of mind, we Californians do have an alternative lifestyle without sandy beaches and famous individuals. In fact, where I live is all about dirt back roads and strawberry fields galore. My mother and I traveled in the boondocks to a quaint little cottage in the middle of burnt yellow hills and green, leafy produce. Yes, I hate parties and this one was a tad on the awkward side, but this location was to die for. I swear I want to get married there.

Rumor has it, my great-grandfather managed this ranch and spent many a morning tending to the local crops. It's kind of a humbling feeling to know your farmer ancestor basically built this beautiful home with his two bare hands. Let me add, this house is my dream. I plan to live in a little house with rustic hardwood floors and the highest ceilings you could imagine. Did I mention that the bathtub was vintage and adorable AND was on legs? SOLD.

I love, love, love the little things in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment