Sunday, June 9, 2013

Marvelous Light.

"Lift my hands and spin around.
See the light that I have found."

-Charlie Hall.

Every church service I attend is another enlightened moment I encounter. Slowly but surely, I'm finding my faith within the light and path Jesus has for me. And I could not be more delighted to be in awe of His greatness.

You see, tonight's service focused on being the witness. Hearing that term threw me for a loop at first. I didn't know if it meant to watch someone do something wonderful for the grace of God or to just focus on tendencies within myself given to me by God. I was just lost, to be completely honest. But as Pastor C kept talking about his struggle with the path God put him on and how he had no clue what he wanted to do with his life, he did find a way out to serve. That's the battle I feel like I'm facing more and more every day.

There are so many things I want to do with my life. I swear, I think I change my mind every day of my life. Some days, I want to work for E! News just like I have always planned. Sometimes, I want to follow my parents and be an elementary school teachers, seeing little ones dream and imagine and become individuals. Surely, my dream of being a stay-at-home mom will never die. The many other occupations I have pondered upon have included: fashion buyer, stylist, personal assistant, wedding planner, interior decorator, therapist at a psychological rehab, etc., etc. 

Someday soon, my heart will be opened and God will call me to what I need to do in order to serve Him while serving others and making myself delighted. I have faith in the journey God will soon lead me toward, but my anxiety is kicked in full at the moment. Waiting around always seems the hardest part, doesn't it?

Thank you, God, for every blessing and lesson. You are the absolute best.

No comments:

Post a Comment