Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Paper Doll.

"And if those angel wings don't fly,
Someone's gonna paint you another sky."

-John Mayer.

NEW MUSIC NEW MUSIC NEW MUSIC.

Can you tell my excitement?! Or my complete and absolute obsession with the music of John Mayer?! Yes. I'm so stoked and it's insane, but I'm totally okay with that.

Now, rumor is, this song is all about the toxic relationship/breakup with Taylor Swift. And when you put lyric after lyric together, it seems to be the truth. I don't want to jump to conclusions, but I mean, it all just fits. Besides, do I care whether or not it's about that girl? Heck, no. That's what I like about songwriting. It's your chance to tell your story how you want. You can use catch phrases and cliches and word plays. It's the best feeling to know you can literally go back in time with a rhyme of a line. It's quite magical, if you ask me.

Although this song doesn't provide a lot of emotional attachment to it for me, I still love the whole vibe Mr. Mayer is going for. It's such a tease for his new album coming out in....AUGUST. (Along with Parachute's album, I think I'm just going to have tears of fangirling all month long.)

Take a listen to my new jam. And please proceed to laugh at this weird music video. Unless you enjoy "prancercising"...whoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment