Sunday, June 2, 2013

At Last.

"At last,
my love has come along.
My lonely days are over.
And life is like a song."

-Etta James.


Rewind back to one year ago from today. If I flash back to what I was doing then, all I can think about is the love I was surrounded by and the drunken, embarrassing dancing going on in the middle of the hall.

On June 2, 2012, my brother and sister-in-law were married. She was almost eight months pregnant. He had never been so nervous in his whole entire life. And although there were numerous quirks and many awkward moments, this wedding was perfect. 

01_0016

01_0056

01_0076

If there is anything in the world that I cannot get enough of, it's weddings. Especially those that occur in the summer months with a lot of lovely guests. My brother and his wife were wed in a room filled with people who absolutely adored them and grew up with them. Even my plus-one was my best friend, Emily, who had secretly been crushing on my brother since we were tiny little kids.



"At Last" was the song Ally walked down the aisle to. From the first note and the moment she stepped foot in the hallway, I literally could not stop crying. She left me breathless and in awe of the spectacle of being a bride. She was glowing. Everyone was smiling. My brother had one of the greatest faces I've ever seen a groom have. (And Emily got photographic proof!) 
01_0086



Ally shook and trembled while she said her vows to Brian. Brian, the speech professional he is, handwrote and memorized every word he exchanged to her. They were given a blessing and moments later, pronounced man and wife. Everything was beautiful.

01_0111 02_0117

Besides the fact that my grandparents got Emily drunk off of champagne after they got drunk with the best man, Tyler, and my 6-inch heels KILLING me, all was flawless. I seriously don't think one thing could have spoiled the evening. Well, actually, the Brickey side of the wedding hated the food so once we got back to the hotel, about 30 of us ordered pizza and Taco Bell and ate until 11pm. But that's what makes the wedding special. It was a grand affair in the little ways and I love that.

02_0139 02_0147



02_0162
(I want this picture framed and in my house. BEST.)

02_0208 04_0361


So congratulations to my brother and sister-in-law for one amazing year of marriage. You two are wonderful and even when times get rough, you never stop fighting for your love. I wish for many more happy years and hope the road for your marriage is a fun, exciting one. You are the best.


No comments:

Post a Comment