Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Red.

"Loving him is like trying to change your mind
when you're already flying through the free fall.
Like the colors in autumn so bright,
just before they lose it all."

-Taylor Swift.

I've got nothing for today. No news. No fun stories. Absolutely nothing. I'm uneventful and boring as usual.

It wasn't until this song came on when it hit me. Now, this song is like others because it takes me back to a moment in time that happened. What differs is the fact that this song is everything it says it is and it puts me back in my shoes over two years ago. 

Long story short, I liked a guy and waited too long to make a move for him. He moved on while I experienced my first and only regret ever. I typically believe regretting is made-up and all in someone's mind. But I felt it hard when I lost this guy; I couldn't sleep without seeing his face, felt sick hearing his name and couldn't even work up the courage to get over him. It was just plain awful and I don't wish it upon anyone.

So, while I was working out and this song began to blare in my headphones, it took me back. In a weird, nostalgic, broken way. I guess what I'm trying to say is no matter how much I don't like Taylor Swift (that's another story for another day) or how much of the past is the past, this song gets to me. Bad. 

Oddly enough, I like that. For the opportunity to remember. Even the darkest and worst of times. It gives my life a story and makes a movie in my head, even if I don't want to watch. To me, that's kinda cool.

Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment