Thursday, February 14, 2013

Lost Without You.

"You wanna roll with me.
You wanna hold with me.
You wanna stay warm
and get out of the cold with me."

-Robin Thicke.

Oh, Valentine's Day. The one day a year to tell everyone you....

Wait. You should tell people you love them every single day. Overuse the phrase. It's okay if you mean it. But, really, people. Do we need a certain DAY to say the things we feel at all times? I feel as if (and this could just be the single girl in me talking) you should be doing these grand gestures all the time, not just on one occasion. For me, I typically love writing my friends notes or baking them treats. But it's not like I choose to do these thoughtful things once a year. It's just another excuse that makes valid sense on why I freely pass out cookies to the ones I care about.

In all seriousness, though, everyone needs a Valentine's playlist of music. Here are my top songs to get through this day of love (AND LOTS OF CANDY).

My Girl Tonight-Jon McLaughlin
-This song just...it's great.

Until You-Dave Barnes
-This was the first by Dave Barnes that I heard. Despite the fact that it's not his best song, it's amazingly sweet.

Wake Me Up-Ed Sheeran
-I would marry someone if they sang this song to me. Literally.

Stolen-Dashboard Confessional
-Reminds me of summer love. Dashboard gets it so right with these simple words.

I Believe In A Thing Called Love-The Darkness
-Can I get a shoutout for the greatest falsetto (besides a-ha)?

Just In Love-Joe Jonas
-Maybe I'm a biased Jonas Brothers fan. But this music video is my dream love affair. 

Somebody Like You-Keith Urban
-Ah, Keith. This song is just classic.

Young, Dumb and In Love-Mat Kearney
-The hippie comes out in me when I hear this song. Commence the mindless dancing around my room.

Run-Matt Nathanson ft. Sugarland
-I cannot begin to tell you how sexy this song is. No words.

I Will Not Take My Love Away-Matt Wertz
-First dance wedding song status. Breathless when I hear this acoustic number.

Everything-Michael Buble
-You can never go wrong with the all-mighty Michael Buble.

Collide-Howie Day
-This song makes me think of the dance from So You Think You Can Dance. Now, that's real love.



I Need You-Tim McGraw
-Even though I've explained my love of this song, there is nothing more passionate than this.

So Close-Jon McLaughlin
-King of romance songs, in my eyes. This song makes me want to dance around in a princess dress and be all magical. It's great.

No comments:

Post a Comment