Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Hallelujah.

"Love is not a victory march.
It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah."

-Jeff Buckley.

Don't you just hate when the thing you look forward to the most is taken away at the last second? That was House Church for me tonight. I had been waiting all week long to get some good therapy in with my girls (and some amazing coffee), but instead, I will be stressing over story proposals and drowning my sorrows in the relationship of Chuck and Blair.

I've been questioning my sanity for quite some time now. For the past three weeks, I've been a rollercoaster of moods, changing from calm to anxious to depressed. While I am thankful for the laughs along the way, I'm getting sick of this weekly rut I find myself in. Surely, life isn't easy, but can't I have a constant for at least a solid three days? Weekends don't count in that equation, either. 

Maybe it's the fact that I'm forever hanging on to the idea of spring break. Just wait until it's finally here and over with. Then what will I hang my overbearing agony on? Summer, I'm guessing? As I ponder my thoughts and keep my emotions to myself in this little dorm room of mine, I guess I got to keep on trying. Making good things appear rather than waiting for the expected to happen. If only I was a bit more creative and spontaneous in life...or if I had a car.

All I know is thank the Lord it is Wednesday. Halfway done with the week means halfway home to Saturday. I just want my bed for a morning. That's the least I could possibly ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment