Tuesday, January 6, 2015

The City.

"Yeah, if you wanna find love,
then you know where the city is."

-The 1975.

London, you rock my world.

I've spent less than 24 hours in this extraordinary place where everyone is different and every piece of anything has a story to tell. Never have I ever been so in awe over every single detail of a city before. From the uneven pavement to the hole-in-the-wall shops left and right, London just screams out how cool it is all the time.

It's almost as if I feel I have been here before. While nothing is at all familiar, it seems like I can call this place a home without even knowing it that long. I feel comforted by damp breezes and grey skies for once in my life, and saying that truly does speak volumes in my book.

Even the little things make my heart swell more than it probably should. I mean, Nando's. There. A quick little fast food joint makes me overly enthused with the fact that I can walk down the street whenever to eat bottomless fro-yo or cleanse my sinuses with way-too-spicy Peri-Peri chicken. Heck, I got to go in a pub today to order vodka and Sprite, which in terms of a 20-year-old American is like the end-all. (Well, I'm not that desperate to drink, but you know what I mean.) 

London just makes me happy and that's all I could have ever asked for and more. Besides, I just started on this journey and I am already confident it is going to be one in the memory books for decades to come. 

I love you, London. And I can't wait for that love to become deeper and greater than I've ever experienced. 

YOU. ARE. GREAT.

The view looks mighty fine from the top floor. Am I right?

Hi Tower Bridge.

Big Ben. But actually though. BIIIIIIIIIIG BEN.

I spy with my London Eye...

And we'll never be royals...(royals).

Yo, what up Parliament!

This. Is. Everything.

Don't mind if I don't. Mmhmm.

An actual drink. In an actual pub. In actually London. What is life?!

No comments:

Post a Comment