Sunday, January 25, 2015

Something Beautiful.

"In a daydream,
I couldn't live like this.
I wouldn't stop until I found
something beautiful."

-Needtobreathe.

Man oh man, Edinburgh set the bar at the highest level imaginable for trips to come. I don't think I've seen beauty like that in my life and it will be hard to live that one down. Wow. 

Let me tell you how deeply I love this new place. I cried TWICE due to being so happy by what I was seeing. TWICE, people. For only being there less than 48 hours, that's a lot of joy in one weekend. I still cannot even comprehend how lucky I am to have been able to view such beautiful sights Edinburgh had to offer. Like, I don't think I'll ever get over these intense emotions I hold for the Scottish city of the Lowlands.

Instead of continue my rant up here, I'll let the pictures paint a better picture while accompanying those thoughts with some words. Hopefully, I can make the land of green hills and bagpipes come alive...


I have climbed Malibu Hill and looked over the Pacific for miles. I have made it to the top of Runyon Canyon to see the veins of Los Angeles. But I have never seen quite a view like that which Arthur's Seat gave me. You have a panorama of beauty surrounding you from every single angle. There are grassy hills for miles and the water in the distance. Winds sweep your hair from your face as swift as your heart gets swept away by this place. (Should I mention this is one of the two places I broke down alone over my amazement? Alright,  I DID IT.)


When I thought of Scotland pre-trip, I thought of three things: kilts, haggis and bagpipes. Stereotype three proved! For all of day one, we could not escape the oddly, delightful sounds of this dude behind me. He was killin' the bagpiping game.


Point two of happy crying. This, my friends, is Calton Hill. A little less of a hike with an even more worth it view. To see the cobblestone-street city from a tall distance made me forget all about my immune system being on the brink of a cold (update: cough and fatigue have set in) and reminded me of how in awe I am of this world.



Hello, and welcome to our crib. Most people know it as either the coolest place on Earth or Edinburgh Castle. Nestled on the tippy-top of a hill over the little town it reigns upon, you can see the townhouses piled on top of each other and the streets that wind their way through every nook and cranny. But, in all seriousness, we live here. Or we want to, at least.


Even the random side streets and selfies made Edinburgh into the quaint city it is.

The face of a girl who was scared to death to try Scotch whisky and then died because of the alcohol content. I'm not kidding. Kelly has videos that prove how badly I took this stuff down. Scotland, I'm not trying to hate on you at all. But this is a DANGEROUS substance and I do not know how people consume this for fun. Not even to get drunk. No. Scotch whisky to me translates as beverage that burns your throat for an hour.

Because candids are great and sunshine is my favorite.


The inspiration behind Hogwarts aka I was fangirling and wanted to trespass.



The National Museum of Scotland. Making adults into kids again daily with its animal life displays and earth science. 

Does it ever drive you crazy just how fast the night changes...
(Of course I have to throw a One Direction reference into the post. How could I not?)



I may not be one to enjoy looking at plants, but this greenhouse in the Royal Botanical Gardens seemed worthy of a picture. I mean look at all the windows!



Hello Scottish Parliament. Thanks for taking my visit...I'll just be here waiting by the gate for you to let me in.


St. Giles Cathedral right here. We saw a traditional Scottish wedding in action and I stopped dead in my tracks over how gorgeous the bride looked. The minute she stepped out of that car and into the arms of her handsome husband, she became a showstopper dressed in white.

Another day, another cathedral. This one is St. Mary's and boy, is she a beaut! Stained glass windows and rustic charm galore.



HEAVEN IN A GLASS, NO JOKE. Thank you, Yelp, for finding us this five-star restaurant and allowing me to gain ten pounds off of this "chocolate honeycomb vesuvius" concoction. Bon appetit indeed.



EDINBURGH, YOU ARE THE LOVE OF MY LIFE.

No comments:

Post a Comment