Friday, July 5, 2013

What I Want.

"Well, I'm from Indiana.
She's made me what I've become.
Everybody has their reasons
and one is always where they're from."

-Jon McLaughlin.

Literally this song is brilliant. Screaming the words at the top of your lungs adds more effect if you'd like to prove a point.

My abandonment from this blog is making me regret ever leaving it. Sometimes, we have to sacrifice in order to actually live fully. That's what I've been doing for the past six days. Trying to breathe everything in and let the bad stuff go. 

Washington is not really my cup of tea, but you get what you get and you don't get upset. I'm not always pleasant when it comes to things I don't completely enjoy, but I tried so hard to savor the little moments that strung together to make me smile too much.

I'll share pictures with you tomorrow as for today is Friday. And I will not let you down over my weekly five. I've been in such a fashion rut for the past few weeks. I feel like I just don't have the clothes I want to show off my personal style. I'll keep lusting through online window shopping and street style. 

I'm also a day off on this occasion, but I saw some patriotic outfits yesterday. America at its finest...here are my favorite USA looks.

What says independence more than a flag sweater and cutoff denim? Proud and poppin'.

For those who have a desire to be prim and proper, this chic combo of a navy chiffon blouse and pleated striped skirt make a bold statement.

If you had a beach holiday affair like Taylor, this bikini top/skirt combo would be all parts summer, sun, party and USA.

Being the 0.0000001% of girls who didn't wear American flag cutoffs, this outfit was similar to my own yesterday. A sleeveless button-up with some white Converse keeps the 4th of July vibe chill and cool.

Last minute outfit ideas? Just grab a flag of the stars and stripes to use as a light shawl. Our star-spangled banner screams AMERICA on anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment