Thursday, July 25, 2013

Three Little Birds.

"Don't worry
about a thing.
Cause every little thing's
gonna be alright."

-Bob Marley.

Beach days are best days. My passion for the Pacific is as deep as the ocean bottom and it will never cease to amaze me. Ah, my heart.

I typically venture out into the great blue, but with such freezing temperatures, I never really make it past my waist. But today, I took the plunge and went all the way under. The mixture of numbness and adrenaline made me feel...alive. (Maybe all the blood rushed to my head.) But I felt more myself than most times this summer. It just felt good, to be completely honest, to be surrounded by the murky, salted sea. It was a eerie sense of calm as I waded and braved the increasingly high tide. The little pieces to the puzzle of my enlightenment.

Hopefully, one day, I'll return to the sunny coast to spend my days away on the shore. Seems like paradise to me. And we all know what they say...

Life's a beach. Enjoy the waves.


No comments:

Post a Comment