Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Breathe (2AM).

"If I get it all down on paper,
it's no longer inside of me,
threatening the life it belongs to."

-Anna Nalick.

Goodness, me. I came across this tune as I was curling my hair this moment and it made me just...stop for a bit. These lyrics always hit my heart directly because I've been here a time or two. As someone who loves to spend her days writing her soul down, I know the vulnerability and the anxiety that comes along with anything put in ink. Having written "songs" and letters to people, it still haunts me (in an intriguing way) to know that there are permanent words about moments in my life. Even though I'm nowhere close to a professional, those memories are stained into former blank pages and have become me. What a funny revelation...

Anywho, this week has just been golden, hasn't it? Too many good things packed into the past five days. It's been making me one happy and excited girl. Today marks the last online history test I shall ever take and my achievement of earning a passing grade. Hallelujah!


But more importantly, my life changed a year ago today at approximately 11:02 am. Although when the news came in December about the addition to our family (and my anger-filled disagreement with the situation), I know now that everything happens for a reason and God always has a great plan for us. My brother and sister-in-law brought a beautiful little baby boy into the world (side note: he was born while my mommy and I were ordering In-N-Out for lunch...double score) and he has been the light in our family's lives ever since. I love that baby too much, even if I do say he has a fat head almost every single day.


He is honestly the best kiddo around, filled with exuberant joy and a sense of inner calmness within. He is too handsome and adorable and just downright cute. 


Happy 1rst Birthday, baby! I love you, I love you, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment