Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Little Me.

"I'd tell her to speak up,
tell her to shout out,
talk a bit louder,
be a bit prouder."

-Little Mix.

Tune Tuesday, correct? As of today, I've been really into the chill girl mix. You know, Lorde, Chelsea Lankes, and most importantly, Little Mix. These British birds are so beautiful and their voices show that off even more so. Literally, I just listened to this song for the first time about five minutes ago and I'm obsessed with the message and what it stands for. 

Over this past semester, I had a little chat with my roommates about my lack of self-confidence and my low self-esteem in who I am. They tried to break down my walls to get to the real point that everyone is pretty and cool and whatever you want to be in your own way. But it never clicked with me and the stubbornness I have gotten to know as my best friend took over. I denied them and told them that their ideas were dumb and pointless. I thought I can think what I want about myself and I'm allowed to destroy my own personality, looks, etc., etc. 

The very next day as I went to get ready for my morning classes, I was hit with the giant Expo-marker message on the mirror saying, "You are beautiful." And with that, I started to believe. I put on my makeup and wore my greatest smile to match the day's outfit. For once, I believed it. Yes, it was literally a whiteboard marker on the reflecting wall but it hit me like bricks. Every day, the message was changed to something similar but with still the same effects, whether it be, "You are wonderfully made," or "You are strong." 

Thank God for Stefani's 8ams and persistence to make me change my mind about myself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment