Monday, November 4, 2013

Story Of My Life.

"Written on these walls
are the stories that I can't explain.
I leave my heart open,
but it stays right here empty for days."

-One Direction.

I'm such a proud Directioner. That sounds super lame, but I'm not ashamed for my love of the boys. They make fun music and their personalities make me wish I could be best friends with every one of them. They are just those idiots who just so happen to be famous for being on a reality singing show. Honestly, I don't believe their image is a gimmick and they aren't around just to make money. They genuinely love what they do and love each other every step of the way. 

This music video made my heart swell full of emotions just because even though I'm not in the exact same position, I get what it's going for. I know the feeling of leaving your old life behind and going out into the world on your own. I know the heartache of homesickness and traveling thousands of miles away from the people you love. I understand how much growing up is a process (and one I don't enjoy, if I may say so myself). 

Here's the video that makes me reflect. Reflect on where I've been. Where they've been. And where we're all going. Different paths, but all toward the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment