Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Girl Crush.

"I want to taste her lips.
Yeah, 'cause they taste like you.
I want to drown myself
in a bottle of her perfume."

- Little Big Town.

And to think this song was considered controversial. Try game-changing.

For being played as a country hit, I have heard it on mainstream radio and no doubt blues stations would play it, too. Little Big Town are honestly so underrated and that is such a shame. Do I buy all of their albums and listen to them constantly? No, and that's a bad move on my part. This song has made me want to step it up.

Sure, this Tune Tuesday has been out for a while, but it wasn't until today that I realized how genius of a song it is. I mean to give people the impression that this song is about crossing the sexuality line when in reality it's about being jealous of the homewrecker in your relationship?! BOOM. HIT CENTRAL.

Besides, haven't we all been there once or twice? Let's get real, radio. The only controversy behind not playing this hit is how many people will be missing out on this tune. Major.

(courtesy of YouTube and Little Big Town Vevo)

No comments:

Post a Comment