Thursday, February 5, 2015

The Great Escape.

"We'll scream loud 
at the top of our lungs
and they'll think it's just
cause we're young."

- Boys Like Girls.

I'm pretty sure I want to change my dream job to one at the BBC. While we were walking around the halls and newsrooms, it just reaffirmed my love of news and investigating and broadcast and everything in between. I even made a complete fool out of myself by performing in a radio drama with my friend, Amanda, which was then played back for the whole class to hear. Can you say mortifying?

No matter the humiliation, today's class field trip made me love my choice of a media studies career even more than ever. I want to be on that floor, making decisions about what stories air or writing my own scripts to broadcast to viewers from every which way. Ah, to say I was in complete awe is an understatement.

To calm down my excitement (and use my free coupon), we headed to the pub for an after-class drink. Thank you cider for always being available on tap for a pint because without you, I don't know how I would sustain this whole English drinking culture. 

But with everything British must come something American to neutralize the effect. And for tonight, that was in full supply as we ventured to Covent Garden for a little bit of stateside Shake Shack. Let me tell you: it was just as scrumptious as it is in NYC. I promise you, the grease of the burger and the crispy fries do not disappoint despite being 3000 miles away from the original spot.

Man, life is alright here.

BBC. Yoooooooo.

Security badge in check.

Hello, I'm Kelly Brickey and here are your top news stories of the day.

London skies meet London nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment