Monday, February 23, 2015

City Of Blinding Lights.

"And I miss you when you're not around.
I'm getting ready to leave the ground.
Oh, you look so beautiful tonight."

- U2.


La vie est belle en Paris.




A weekend away in the most romantic city in the world is just enough to take a deep breath and let it all in. Although we may have been confronted with physically getting lost and having no way of communication, maybe I'm seeing it's a nice way to explore and escape in all of its magic. The planner in me hates not having things set in stone, but it made for some beautiful discoveries nonetheless. 



From the Eiffel Tower in the dead of night to the skyline view from the Sacre-Coeur Basilica above the city, I felt as if pictures I'd seen in books or magazines had come to life. I felt on top of the world when I stood on my tippy-toes to touch the tip of the Louvre Pyramid. I indulged in the sweetest of treats, which happened to be an Oreo-Nutella crepe, while walking along the indulgent street of Moulin Rouge. My heart sang the songs of the Phantom as I made my way up the stairs of the Opera.





Paris left a stamp in my passport as well as on my heart for many reasons. In the uncertainty of it all, living without any means of direction led us down all the right paths to all of the picture-perfect landmarks. And for that, I am forever grateful.






Au revoir, Paris. Je t'aime.


PS I ate escargot and let me just say...it wasn't too bad. Good for you, France. Gold star.


No comments:

Post a Comment